Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Project





This is the main project I assigned to myself and Andrew this summer. My parents gave us this old coffee table when Andrew and I got married. I decided that it needed to be darker, especially since the color it was exactly matched the doors and cupboards in the duplex that we used to live in, and I didn't particularly like the color that was probably very popular in before the 60's. So we have spent time sanding, conditioning and staining, we finally finished last night (though I started at the beginning of the summer, moving and traveling put the project on hold for quite a while), Andrew was so nice to get up this morning and put the finished project together for me. The stain is a lot more red than I thought it would be, but I do love the darker color. Any suggestions for my next project, well after we make the hand-me-down end table match the made over hand-me-down coffee table???

2 comments:

  1. It looks very nice, perhaps you should send it back. looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute Megan!! I love the pics of the new house!!! Where's it at?

    ReplyDelete