- Day 1 of History Seminar: Professor asks a girl if he can borrow her pen, then refuses to touch the pen because of germs and the swine flu...then he did it again.
- Day 1 of Hitler and Nazi Germany: Professor says a kid looks too nice to be in that class. Professor also keeps lapsing into a german accent (hes not german) and tells us that this is a german studies class and we will emphasize efficiency!!!
- Day 1 of Constitutional Law: Professor tries to grab a girls water bottle for a little object lesson but she grabs it too and they proceed to fight over it for a full 5 seconds. She won.
- Free T-shirts on Campus!!! I even got my size this year!!!
- Free ice cream at the Institute!!!
Friday, August 28, 2009
So I just completed my first week of school for this semester, I always find the first week very overwhelming, as if the teachers are trying to scare everyone out of their classes in the first few days so they don't have as many tests and papers to grade. So I'm telling you the enjoyable parts of my week, the ones that made me excited to be back in school.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Congratulations Lara and Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Due to the fun wedding of Andrew's sister Lara we got to spend the weekend in South Jordan with Andrew's entire family, and there are a lot of them. When we first arrived on Friday night we felt like we were in the opening scenes of Home Alone with 17 kids running around and even more adults. But we had so much fun!!!
Brian's father acquired a soft serve ice cream machine for a picnic the night before the wedding and then for the reception as well. I believe the record for most ice cream cones eaten was 17, I was surprised none of the kids threw up.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
This is the main project I assigned to myself and Andrew this summer. My parents gave us this old coffee table when Andrew and I got married. I decided that it needed to be darker, especially since the color it was exactly matched the doors and cupboards in the duplex that we used to live in, and I didn't particularly like the color that was probably very popular in before the 60's. So we have spent time sanding, conditioning and staining, we finally finished last night (though I started at the beginning of the summer, moving and traveling put the project on hold for quite a while), Andrew was so nice to get up this morning and put the finished project together for me. The stain is a lot more red than I thought it would be, but I do love the darker color. Any suggestions for my next project, well after we make the hand-me-down end table match the made over hand-me-down coffee table???
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
The spare bathroom
Here are a few pictures of the new place, I only included my favorite rooms. Sorry the pic of the living room has the stair railing in it, thats the best angle I could get with my camera, it doesn't zoom out much. We have two spare rooms and lots of blankets, we would love some visitors!!!!!! Thanks for coming to see us Mom, Dad and Lindsay!!!