Sunday, March 7, 2010

Indoor triathlon!!

A triathlon club was started on campus and yesterday they hosted an indoor triathlon. Those who can complete a full triathlon would call it a wussy triathlon because it is even shorter than a sprint triathlon, but I thought it was perfect. Three miles on a treadmill, ten miles on a stationary bike and a quarter mile of swimming. It was a ton of fun and I would totally do it again!
Mental note, don't pick the treadmill in front of the window when the sun is coming in.
The running was my favorite part I was so proud of my time and I felt really good when I finished that part.

I don't bike, that is why participating in a triathlon on a stationary bike appealed to me, no hills and I probably won't fall over or knock anyone else over. I didn't train for the biking at all and it was by far the worst part for me. My timer told me to put my level high so I would finish faster, BAD IDEA!!!
Transitions, notice our timers dutifully following.


The swimming was the part I was the most worried about, but I ended up enjoying it a lot.


Andrew had the hard task of taking pictures and he did a wonderful job! Then he took Lindsay and I out to dinner at the Pizza Factory last night because we are so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment